List of changes for Version 0.7.6 Edit
- Bug #2895531: "mkfs.ext3 freezes on scsi disks" fixed by limit number of entries in scsi queue from 73 to 32, and changed type from Critical- into DelayedWorkQueue.
- Bug #2890857: Fixed panic "COSCSI: response: use_sg (2) > 1". Walking thought scsi scatterlist with more as 1 segment now.
- Bug #2893343: VMALLOC_END was overlapping coLinux shared host memory. If user used mem=1000, then this crashed Linux kernel or the host. Maximal guest memory limit is 984 MB, host driver will adjust it now.
- Bug #2911886: Move file to subdirecory was blocked under cofs.
- Bugfix pci device list. conet0 was missing in bootlog sometimes.
- FLTK: Fix buffer overflow for option cocon=x*y with x > 256 columns.
Notes for upgrading from older versions Edit
Upgrading from coLinux 0.7.3 and before Edit
- Some dev distries increase eth1, eth2, eth3, ... on every boot. Typicaly have no network, but can see it with "
cat /proc/net/dev". As workarrount set an unique MAC address for all network interfaces in config file. Or disable udev.
- Debian: Remove all entries from
Upgrading from coLinux 0.6.4 and before Edit
- XML config files have been removed. Use the command-line syntax in a
name=valueper line plain text file instead (see colinux-daemon.txt):
- Replace the
"@name"as parameter for colinux-daemon.
- Locate for tool "colinux-xml2cfg", a XML to CFG converter for coLinux on SF or here
- The file initrd contains no modules. Modules are only in the file vmlinux-modules.tar.gz. The initrd extracts modules over device cofs31 automaticly, if you configure it as
initrd=initrd.gzin config file. After modules are installed, you can remove the initrd from config.
Upgrading from coLinux 0.6.1 and before Edit
- Gentoo users need to be careful, Gentoo tends to use devfs when upgrading from 0.6.1 and so block device names change from cobdX to cobd/X and render the image unbootable. For more details and solutions see the 2.6 related information on the Wiki.