List of changes for Version 0.7.5 Edit
- Bug #2849262: SLiRP: Active FTP failed with "500 Illegal PORT command". Environment COLINUX_HOST_IPADDR overwrites auto detected host ip address.
Console and daemons: Edit
- Insert keys from fltk console without keyboard mapping. (Paolo Minazzi)
- New: NT console WinKey+V paste keys from clipboard. (Vladislav Grishenko)
- Linux as host: Handle extended keys, for example ALT+CurRight.
- Automatically add network dependency to coLinux as service.
- Version informations about binutils and SVN revision added to daemon file.
Linux Kernel: Edit
- Remove floating point handling from passage page code. FPU save/restore only on demand and only inside Linux guest kernel, if Linux kernel or Linux userland needs the FPU. In cases where FPU was not used on Linux guest side, the registers of FPU are not touched. That saves some time between operating system switches. It's 1 percent (or less) faster now.
- Increase CO_LINUX_API_VERSION to 13, avoids crashes with older builds.
- cloop updated to version 2.625
- Forward plain text panic message instead "terminated with code 3".
- Bug #2847393: Configure detected wrong program versions. (Steven Chen)
Updated libraries and tools: Edit
- w32api 3.13
Notes for upgrading from older versions Edit
Upgrading from coLinux 0.7.3 and before Edit
- Some dev distries increase eth1, eth2, eth3, ... on every boot. Typicaly have no network, but can see it with "
cat /proc/net/dev". As workarrount set an unique MAC address for all network interfaces in config file. Or disable udev.
- Debian: Remove all entries from
Upgrading from coLinux 0.6.4 and before Edit
- XML config files have been removed. Use the command-line syntax in a
name=valueper line plain text file instead (see colinux-daemon.txt):
- Replace the
"@name"as parameter for colinux-daemon.
- Locate for tool "colinux-xml2cfg", a XML to CFG converter for coLinux on SF or here
- The file initrd contains no modules. Modules are only in the file vmlinux-modules.tar.gz. The initrd extracts modules over device cofs31 automaticly, if you configure it as
initrd=initrd.gzin config file. After modules are installed, you can remove the initrd from config.
Upgrading from coLinux 0.6.1 and before Edit
- Gentoo users need to be careful, Gentoo tends to use devfs when upgrading from 0.6.1 and so block device names change from cobdX to cobd/X and render the image unbootable. For more details and solutions see the 2.6 related information on the Wiki.