List of changes for Version 0.7.3 Edit
(see also file NEWS in source)
- Check ELF header before accessing kernel vmlinux (fix exception).
- Fix problems with memory hole from shared video cards and the error message "PFN to high".
- Bugfix host freeze after "Using IPI Shortcut mode" and other randomly crashes at mounting the root file system with types ext2 or ext3.
- Add build date to exe file properties.
- View build timestamp of ntkernel driver with --status-driver.
- Bug #1861876: Random created MAC stored in Registry to have same on every start. [HKCU\Software\coLinux]
- Bugfix: Image files >=4GB fails with size error on parameter "-v 3".
- Workarround for unresponsive key inputs on Vista flooded nt-console. Linux driver will sleep now, if message queues have to many entries and user task is busy. Network daemons drivers changed also into this mode.
- Incrase NT console screen to most as can without scrollbars at startup.
- Kernel has been updated to 188.8.131.52
- Fix for splice local root exploit is included, details on http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ChangeLog-184.108.40.206
- Feature Requests #1421120: Fixup "vim fsync" error on cofs.
- Bugfix get_size for double opened block devices.
- Fix BSOD on "stty rows N" where n>25. Disable resize. (Paolo Minazzi)
- Bugfix: CR3 wrong converted for register dumps inside page fault handler.
- Update image ArchLinux-2007.08-2
- Text '* Notes' sometimes was only shown as '*', adjust field sizes
- Feature Requests #1898468: expose install folder as variable %COLINUX%
- New option --errfile use different file for stdout and stderr.
Upgrading from 0.6.x to 0.7.x Edit
- XML config files have been removed. Use the command-line syntax in a
name=valueper line plain text file instead (see colinux-daemon.txt):
- Replace the '-c name' with '@name' as parameter for colinux-daemon.
- Locate for tool "colinux-xml2cfg", a XML to CFG converter for coLinux on SF or here
- The file initrd contains no modules. Modules are only in the file vmlinux-modules.tar.gz. The initrd extracts modules over device cofs31 automaticly, if you configure it as "initrd=initrd.gz" in config file. After modules are installed, you can remove the initrd from config.
- If upgrading from 0.6.1, see README.txt for 0.6.2 or Wiki for information about other issues when upgrading.