Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
List of changes for Version 0.7.2 Edit
(see also file NEWS in source)
- #1324092: cofs rename replace existing file.
- #1791993: Ship modules with root as owner and group.
- #1853578: memory usage limit: 0 MB on machines with 4 GB RAM.
- Fix cofs chdir with wildcards on existing upper/lower directory.
- Don't drop last char from config, if last line no ends with CRLF.
Console and daemons:
- New menu entries in FLTK console
- Power off: Fast power down coLinux kernel. Without file sync!
- Reboot: Sends ctrl-alt-del, init process goes into runlevel 6
- Shutdown: Calls "/sbin/shutdown -h now" with fallback to "/sbin/halt". Shutdown will automatic call from stopping as service, of if the user click close close on the colinux-daemon.
- New: "colinux-daemon -p pidFile" stores ID of coLinux in file pidFile. "colinux-console-fltk|nt -p pidFile" attach the monitor from stored ID. With this mechanism can open a named console without knowing the current ID (Process ID). pidFile will removed on normal shutdown.
- Network daemons TAP, Bridged and Slirp runs with process priority high.
- Added a nice colinux 3D logo image to the "About" box (Nlucas)
- Stop with error, if double defined device (cobd,cofs,eth,exec)
- Optimized workaround for DEP/noexecute problems (flush tlb).
- Kernel has been updated to 2.6.22 (Thanks to Anders Eriksson for 2.6.13, 2.6.14, 2.6.15)
- Holds multiple kernel versions in patch series files (2.6.12, 2.6.13, 2.6.14, 2.6.15, 2.6.17, 2.6.22)
- cloop updated to 2.06 (compressed loop blockdevice from Knoppix)
- Hotplug enabled, udev usable
- Text was to big for description box in installer. [Bugs item #1819219]
- Add Ubuntu 6.06.1 to images page. Update image Fedore 7. Add web link to Notes for each image. Link to 'other images on SF' clickable now.
- Un-/Installer checks a running coLinux before overwrite or remove old files. [Bugs item #1396459, #1549148]
- Uninstall old colinux with old exefile, path from registry uninstaller [Support Requests-1553923]
- Update tapinstall.exe (alias devcon) from DDK 3790.1830 (Mar 24 2005)
- Block installing on 64 bit systems.
- Linux as host: Restructed build of colinux.ko, use kbuild system from host. Host with regparm=3 is usable (tested host 2.6.22).
- Linux Kernel and daemons can build with differ gcc versions now. ABI is runtime checked. Usable gcc for kernel: 3.4.x, 4.0.x, 4.1.x, 4.2.x up to 4.3.0
- Warnings from gcc 4.x fixed.
- New: Debugging.txt with hints for debugging colinux start problems.
- Option "-v level" enable verbose messages and debug prints on console.
- colinux-debug-daemon: Only connect to driver, if args -s settings.
- Leveled debug output to Dbgview.exe (www.sysinternals.com). Needs to enable facility/level with colinux-debug-daemon before.
Updated libraries and tools:
- gcc 4.1.2 (unpatched now, not from mingw)
- binutils 2.17.50
- mingw 3.11
- w32api 3.9
- WinPcap 4.0.1
Upgrading from 0.6.x to 0.7.x Edit
- XML config files have been removed. Use the command-line syntax in a
name=valueper line plain text file instead (see colinux-daemon.txt):
- Replace the '-c name' with '@name' as parameter for colinux-daemon.
- Locate for tool "colinux-xml2cfg", a XML to CFG converter for coLinux on SF or here
- The file initrd contains no modules. Modules are only in the file vmlinux-modules.tar.gz. The initrd extracts modules over device cofs31 automaticly, if you configure it as "initrd=initrd.gz" in config file. After modules are installed, you can remove the initrd from config.
- If upgrading from 0.6.1, see README.txt for 0.6.2 or Wiki for information about other issues when upgrading.