List of changes for Version 0.7.2 Edit
(see also file NEWS in source)
- #1324092: cofs rename replace existing file.
- #1791993: Ship modules with root as owner and group.
- #1853578: memory usage limit: 0 MB on machines with 4 GB RAM.
- Fix cofs chdir with wildcards on existing upper/lower directory.
- Don't drop last char from config, if last line no ends with CRLF.
Console and daemons:
- New menu entries in FLTK console
- Power off: Fast power down coLinux kernel. Without file sync!
- Reboot: Sends ctrl-alt-del, init process goes into runlevel 6
- Shutdown: Calls "/sbin/shutdown -h now" with fallback to "/sbin/halt". Shutdown will automatic call from stopping as service, of if the user click close close on the colinux-daemon.
- New: "colinux-daemon -p pidFile" stores ID of coLinux in file pidFile. "colinux-console-fltk|nt -p pidFile" attach the monitor from stored ID. With this mechanism can open a named console without knowing the current ID (Process ID). pidFile will removed on normal shutdown.
- Network daemons TAP, Bridged and Slirp runs with process priority high.
- Added a nice colinux 3D logo image to the "About" box (Nlucas)
- Stop with error, if double defined device (cobd,cofs,eth,exec)
- Optimized workaround for DEP/noexecute problems (flush tlb).
- Kernel has been updated to 2.6.22 (Thanks to Anders Eriksson for 2.6.13, 2.6.14, 2.6.15)
- Holds multiple kernel versions in patch series files (2.6.12, 2.6.13, 2.6.14, 2.6.15, 2.6.17, 2.6.22)
- cloop updated to 2.06 (compressed loop blockdevice from Knoppix)
- Hotplug enabled, udev usable
- Text was to big for description box in installer. [Bugs item #1819219]
- Add Ubuntu 6.06.1 to images page. Update image Fedore 7. Add web link to Notes for each image. Link to 'other images on SF' clickable now.
- Un-/Installer checks a running coLinux before overwrite or remove old files. [Bugs item #1396459, #1549148]
- Uninstall old colinux with old exefile, path from registry uninstaller [Support Requests-1553923]
- Update tapinstall.exe (alias devcon) from DDK 3790.1830 (Mar 24 2005)
- Block installing on 64 bit systems.
- Linux as host: Restructed build of colinux.ko, use kbuild system from host. Host with regparm=3 is usable (tested host 2.6.22).
- Linux Kernel and daemons can build with differ gcc versions now. ABI is runtime checked. Usable gcc for kernel: 3.4.x, 4.0.x, 4.1.x, 4.2.x up to 4.3.0
- Warnings from gcc 4.x fixed.
- New: Debugging.txt with hints for debugging colinux start problems.
- Option "-v level" enable verbose messages and debug prints on console.
- colinux-debug-daemon: Only connect to driver, if args -s settings.
- Leveled debug output to Dbgview.exe (www.sysinternals.com). Needs to enable facility/level with colinux-debug-daemon before.
Updated libraries and tools:
- gcc 4.1.2 (unpatched now, not from mingw)
- binutils 2.17.50
- mingw 3.11
- w32api 3.9
- WinPcap 4.0.1
Upgrading from 0.6.x to 0.7.x Edit
- XML config files have been removed. Use the command-line syntax in a
name=valueper line plain text file instead (see colinux-daemon.txt):
- Replace the '-c name' with '@name' as parameter for colinux-daemon.
- Locate for tool "colinux-xml2cfg", a XML to CFG converter for coLinux on SF or here
- The file initrd contains no modules. Modules are only in the file vmlinux-modules.tar.gz. The initrd extracts modules over device cofs31 automaticly, if you configure it as "initrd=initrd.gz" in config file. After modules are installed, you can remove the initrd from config.
- If upgrading from 0.6.1, see README.txt for 0.6.2 or Wiki for information about other issues when upgrading.