Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Detailed checklists and instructions for common (and not so common) linux distributions.
- Installing Debian from scratch
- Non-US Keyboard - get copy-and-paste working!
- Get coLinux with Debian running in KDE ASAP
- modules with debian and 2.6.x colinux
- Debian Sarge Install From ISO - Also useful for learning how to install from other linux ISOs
- Debian Etch Install From ISO
- Voyage Linux - A 64Meg Firewall on Colinux
- Run Debian on USB Stick - run your debian on any PC without install
For all Debian articles use Category:Debian.
- Gentoo Tips and Tricks
- Getting Started with Gentoo Deluxe Image
- Getting Gentoo to work nicely with 2.6.x colinux (including modules)
- Installing Gentoo 2004.1 from coLinux - Part 1
- Gentoo from scratch
- Gentoo 2004.3 Core Image for Kernel 2.6.x
- Fedora 5 How To
- Fedora Core 6 - Tips And Tricks. How to make your system work.
- Fedora 4 from scratch - using Qemu - colinux 0.6.4 - xdmcp/networking/apache
- Fedora 4 from scratch - using Qemu - colinux 0.7.1 - xdmcp/networking/apache
- Fedora 5 from scratch - using Qemu - colinux 0.7.1 - xdmcp/networking/apache
- Fedora 6 from scratch - using Qemu - xdmcp/vnc/networking
- Fedora 6 from scratch - using linux host - xdmcp/vnc/networking
- Fedora 8 from scratch - using Qemu - colinux 0.8 - VNC/networking/apache
- Fedora 11 Minimal - Converting Fedora Core 11 to colinux
- Fedora 11 image
For all Fedora articles use Category:Fedora.
- Xubuntu 8.10: Howto run an installed WUBI (Ubuntu installer for Windows)
- Ubuntu 9.04 image 1Gb on SourceForge (Some changes need to be made to /etc/apt/sources.list)
- Ubuntu 7.10 image 2Gb on SourceForge
- Ubuntu 6.06.1 LTS 1Gb image on SourceForge
- Ubuntu Dapper from scratch over the network
- Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft from scratch - xdmcp/networking
- ubuntu edgy - Colinux and Ubuntu Linux guide (Dualboot guide)
- Creating an Ubuntu base image from a Debian/Ubuntu running system
- Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala Issues
- CentOS 5.2 - A minimal installation of CentOS 5.2. It is installed without the use of Qemu as described in this howto.
- CentOS 5.3 - A minimal installation of CentOS 5.3.
- openSUSE 11.1 - A base installation using the openSUSE image installation.
- Mono 2.4 on openSUSE. Based on the openSUSE 11.1 description it is possible to make a Mono 2.4 and MonoDevelop 2.0 development environment.
- Topologi-Linux HowTo
- rescue distro HowTo - micro distribution (647 ko) with mount, cp, vi and
- Arch Linux - A small distro with network setup ready to use
- Arch Linux - Get a fresh ArchLinux install with a reiserfs root filesystem using only an .iso and debian's netboot initrd.
- Lunar Linux - Installing Lunar was a breeze! short
- Scientific Linux - A small page on how to install Scientific Linux
- Source Mage GNU/Linux - Source-based GNU/Linux distribution
- andLinux - "Windows and Linux" - Plug and Play coLinux derivate currently using Ubuntu Edgy (Xlauncher, network ready). Modifies WinXP toolbar to allow running Linux applications direct from Windows.
- coSARA: Integration of SARA and coLinux. SARA is the Security Auditor's Research Assistant (SARA), a third generation network security analysis tool derived from the infamous SATAN scanner. This installer integrates coLinux, SARA, a VNC client, and either an X11 or a command-line-interface Debian root filesystem. Walks you through the network and VNC setup. Allows you to run SARA on coLinux and WinXP.
- Zenwalk - Installing Zenwalk under coLinux
- CRUX Linux HowTo: Installing http://crux.nu/ from iso
- Full CD-based (iso) distro install and config steb-by-step HOWTO (based on Xubuntu-7.10)