Adding More Space Edit
You will run out of disk space with the default images sooner than later. This is especially true if you are using the i686 image. The following can be helpful to add more space to your existing Gentoo image:
- ExpandingRoot shows how to grow your image file.
- Partitions shows how to mount existing Linux partions.
- CreateBlockDevicesWithCygwin shows how to create block devices for use with coLinux and sports some pre-made images files of 1 Gb, 2 Gb and even a monster 10 Gb image, all preformatted for ext3fs.
- ColinuxImageTools has some instructions regarding the excellent TopoEnlarge tools.
My preference is to split the Gentoo image:
- GentooSplit gives an example of how to split out the Gentoo image into multiple images.
See Also Edit
MassTranslated on 25 Dec 2004.
MassTranslated on Sun Apr 23 17:36:10 UTC 2006